Recently at a client that I was setting up an additional Scan to Folder template on their Xerox WorkCentre 7225 using the usual SMB settings for a Windows device. Had the client test scanning and they got a “Remote Directory Lock Failed” error report. After much searching I found a hidden setting in the web GUI for the multi-function device:
Disable Directory Lock
- Obtain IP address of multi-function device
- Open a web browser and type in http://[DeviceIPAddress]/diagnostics/admin.php
- Enter xerox Userid & Password (Admin/1111 are the defaults)
- Select “Scanning Lock Files” from the left side menu
- Uncheck the “Lock Files” enabled button.
After changing this one Directory Lock setting the Scan to Folder worked like a charm.
If your company wants to utilize more functionality from your multi-function device, then contact us for assistance.