This was a strange one for a client that uses Sage 50 Accounting and was trying to print a W-2 for an employee who “lost” theirs in the mail. Whenever they tried to create this the Aatrix form software crashed stating Sage 50 Data File Database Corruption Detected. (More precisely “Codebase Error #: -200 or Codebase Error #: 83805″ File is not a data file database corruption detected in Dat.bdf” when processing Aatrix tax forms.) The troubleshooting for this went on for some time until this Sage Support article was found. The first option worked like a charm.
Fixing Sage 50 Data File Database Corruption Detected
Section I: Replace Histories folder
1. Locate a valid backup taken prior to the last processing of the tax forms.
2. Rename the backup file to add .zip to the extension.
3. Rename the Histories folder in your individual company to Old-Histories
4. Open the newly renamed .zip file and copy the Histories directory to the individual company folder.
5. Start the tax form selector and process your forms.
If your company is using Sage 50 Accounting or has experienced any sort of database corruption issues, then contact us for assistance.