Ran into a brick wall with a client wanting to have a Workcenter C7225 by Xexox scan to folder. What worked on one did not work on another but I eventually figured out the pattern and wanted to share it. Basically all MacOS X versions before the High Sierra build were not compatible with Xerox’s SMB protocol. (They fixed the SMB protocol in High Sierra so that Xerox Scan to SMB works perfectly.) Here is the workaround:
Xerox Scan to Folder MacOS X pre-Sierra:
The easiest way that I found to allow scanning to these systems is to enable the dormant FTP server.
- Open Terminal
- Type in – sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ftp.plist
- Enter your administrator password
- Create Scans folder in Home directory
- Go to Preferences > Sharing > File Sharing
- Choose + under Shared Folders
- Navigate to the Scans folder and click Add
- Click Options
- Check all available sharing methods.
- Go to the printers IP address in the browser of your choice
- Click on Scan
- Create a template
- Choose FTP
- Enter IP address
- use /Scans as file path
- enter full username and password (MacOS takes out spaces by default)
- Test scanning successfully
If your company wants to utilize more functionality from your multi-function device, then contact us for assistance. And yes, we support MacOS in the business environment.