Recently had an issue with a backup software that would get stuck in START_PENDING status at every startup. This caused it to be unable to be uninstalled, repaired, or forcefully removed and re-installed. Here is how we fixed it:
1. Find out the Service Name of the service by looking for it in the Services control panel:
2. Open command prompt as administrator
3. To get the PID type in – sc queryex [Service Name]
4. To kill the errant process type in – taskkill /f /pid [PID]
5. To remove the process type in – sc delete [Service Name]
One I had removed the process I restarted the server just to make sure then re-installed the software.
If your company needs help troubleshooting software issues, then contact us for assistance.