Ran into an issue with Scan to Folder on Windows 10 Home from a Xerox Versalink C7025 via SMB. Contacted support and they stated that Xerox does not support this setup. Further digging found that Windows 10 Home folder shares need passwords in a [Computername]\[Username] format that the Xerox Versalink could not provide correctly. I found another option that works well in this situation:
Scan to Folder via FTP
- Create a Scan folder in the Users directory
- Download and install Filezilla FTP Server with the defaults (I prefer to set “start user interface: to manually)
- Click on the Edit > Users menu item.
- Click on the Add button and create a username (case sensitive)
- Check the password box and create a password
- Click on the Shared Folders tab on the left then click on the Add under Shared Folders
- Browse to the Scan folder and click OK
- Check all File & Directory permissions then click OK at bottom left
With this setup on the Windows 10 Home computer an Address Book entry can be created for Scan to Folder via FTP on the Xerox Versalink. The only thing that could be a problem after that is a software firewall link Windows Firewall or McAfee LiveSafe.
If your company wants to utilize more functionality from your multi-function device, then contact us for assistance.