Shared calendars for the use of shared meeting space reservation is becoming a thing of the past. Office 365 has a better type of calendar specifically made for rooms. This guide will show you how to set up these Office 365 Meeting Rooms in Microsoft’s Office 365 admin portal. Login to the Office 365 Portal with an administrator account and do the following:
Setup Office 365 Meeting Rooms
- Click on the Meeting Rooms tab on the left of the Office 365 admin center.
- Click on the + symbol to begin the creation of the meeting room object.
- Fill in the needed information (Name, Email Address and Room Capacity) then click Create.
- Now users can access these meeting rooms when creating a new Meeting in Outlook by clicking on the Rooms button and selecting them.
- Once selected that room for that date at that time will be marked off on the associated calendar. There are also color coated indicators as to the availability of the meeting rooms on the selected date in the calendar.
The meeting room will also now appear in their Calendar tab of Outlook and can be used similarly to other calendars. If you have any issues setting things up for your site, please feel free to contact our Office 365 experts to guide you through the process.