This is the tenth and finale in a series about the concept of Zero Trust, which means in the IT sense that you trust nothing and always verify everything surrounding and connected to your network. Today’s discussion will be on Cyber Security Audit.
Cyber Security Audit
Cyber Security Audit is a process where both internal and external systems are tested for their ability and susceptibility to being successfully attacked by hackers. This usually involves an inventory of current systems, research into known vulnerabilities, and testing of those found to see what information can be accessed. Once this process is complete a report is generated to detail both what is found and how those vulnerabilities can be addressed to protect the business’ most valuable commodity – information (intellectual property and client data). Here are some questions to ask:
- Do you have an inventory of all assets in your organization? Is it up to date?
- Have you tested your internal network for vulnerabilities?
- Have you had a penetration test performed on your external network?
- Do you know what compliance standards apply?
- How do you document policies and procedures? Who oversees that?
If your company is wanting to have a free cyber security audit, then contact us for assistance.