Farmhouse Networking (FHN) is a managed services provider and network consulting firm with our main office in Grants Pass, Oregon. FHN specializes in network design, wired / wireless infrastructure, network / computer security, compliance, and support of business networks.
We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide network consulting services to your company. This letter is intended to confirm the terms of our representation of services to you. This document covers matters that establish our working relationship, so please read it carefully. Specifically, this Standard Engagement Letter describes the terms upon which FHN will provide professional services to your organization. At your direction, we will undertake to provide appropriate consulting services in order to advance your interests with respect to such matters as you may assign to us and we may accept on a periodic and/or per-incident basis.
- Professional Undertaking: Our goal is to provide you with quality technology consulting services, on schedule, and at a reasonable cost. Using our professional judgment, we will endeavor to assign work on your behalf to those consultants, technicians, engineers, and developers that we deem appropriate under the circumstances. Although we will do our best to serve you effectively, we cannot guarantee success on any given project or endeavor. Nor do we guarantee that any particular result will be attained by us.
- Hourly Fees: Generally, our fees for services are calculated based upon the applicable hourly rates for those professionals who perform the work-at-hand. Our schedule of hourly rates for such personnel is based on the size of your organization, the complexity of the computing environment being worked upon, and whether a contract is in place. Currently, our hourly rates are calculated as follows:
- Standard (No Contract): Remote and onsite support calls will be charged at an hourly rate of $80 to $120 per hour based on business type.
- Monitoring Contract: Remote support calls will be charged at half the “Standard” price. Onsite support calls will be charges at the “Standard” price.
- Remote Support Contract: Remote support calls will be at no additional cost. Onsite support calls will be charges at the “Standard” price.
- Full Service Contract: Remote and onsite support calls will be at no additional cost.
- Emergency Support: Emergency, after-hours, and weekend support will be billed at two times standard rates. Normal business hours are defined as 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, not including holidays. Holiday support will be billed at three times standard rates. Holidays include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday following Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
- On-site Support: FHN charges a half-hour minimum for all on-site support. All on-site visits will be billed “portal-to-portal”: that is from the time the technician leaves the nearest FHN office until the time he returns to the office. There may be additional travel charges for customers whose offices are more than an hour’s drive from the nearest FHN offices.
- Remote Support: FHN charges a half-hour minimum for all remote support. All remote support sessions will be billed from the time that the call is initiated to the time that the technician disconnects from the systems being worked upon.
- Other Fee Arrangements: On occasion, and by specific separate agreement, a fee schedule other than an hourly fee, such as a fixed fee for a specifically defined project may be utilized. In such a case, the fee and payment schedule will be set forth in a separate agreement or addendum, but all other terms of this Standard Engagement Letter will apply.
- Costs: In the course of rendering services to your organization, it may be necessary for us to incur expenses for items such as vendor support contracts, hardware, software, special delivery services, travel, lodging, and meals. The actual expenses may vary depending on the type of services that we provide to your company. Certain expenses may include an adjustment, above cost, to cover our expenses in providing the billed service or product. However, expenses paid entirely to third parties (such as vendors or travel and lodging expenses) will be billed to you at our “out-of-pocket” cost.
- Invoices: Generally, our invoices are prepared and emailed or mailed as services or expenses are incurred with payment generally due upon receipt unless other express terms are included on the invoice as agreed upon in advance. These invoices are overdue if not paid by the Due Date set forth on the invoices and will be sent to collections if overdue for more than 90 days.
- Late Payments: If you fail to pay our invoices in full on or before the Due Date set forth on the invoices, we reserve the right to assess a monthly service charge equal to 1.5% of all fees and expenses which are past due. This monthly service charge will be billed to you at the end of each month in which a late payment occurs. In no event will the service charge be greater than permitted by any applicable law. We also reserve the right to apply funds held as retainer against any past due amounts.
- Retainer: Typically, we require an advance payment before commencing project work on your behalf. Our proposal or estimation documents will specify the amount of any such advance required by our firm. In most cases, the retainer amount is calculated to cover initial consultation fees, cost of acquiring hardware, and expenses for a 30-day period. Fees and expenses are invoiced as incurred, and unless they are deemed to be the last such fees and expenses associated with the project, in accordance with the policy the retainer will not be used to pay these invoices. In this way, adequate funds exist on deposit to allow planning and scheduling of subsequent work and associated fees and expenses. If retainer balances are deemed insufficient to cover subsequent fees and expenses, additional retainer may be required. Any remaining retainer balance at the conclusion of the engagement will be refunded.
- Warranties: During the course of the engagement, we may recommend the purchase and installation of computer or technological hardware, software, communication devices and/or services. Warranties, to the extent they exist, are provided solely by the manufacturer/vendor of those products, and we specifically disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose associated with these products or services.
- Liability: FNN’s liability for damage to your computer is limited only to any damage which is determined to be caused by our negligent acts or negligent omissions. Our liability for repairs is limited to the scope of the work performed. Be aware that certain repairs or upgrades may damage software and data installed on your computer, so adequate backup of company or personal data is not the responsibility of FHN unless agreed upon in advance in addendum to this agreement.
- Termination: You have the right to terminate our services at any time. We have the same right, subject to a professional and ethical obligation to give you reasonable notice to arrange for alternative support. If no contact is able to be made via phone or email within a 90-day period from the completion of service, FHN will treat the equipment as abandoned. It is agreed to hold FHN harmless for any damage or claim for the abandoned property. Any and all charges are still your responsibility unless restitution is able to be made through the sale of the abandoned equipment.
- Special Arrangements: Special arrangements, if any, governing the basis on which we will provide and bill professional services to you and varying from or expanding upon the general arrangements set forth in this Standard Engagement Letter would be described in a cover letter to you or in a separate agreement or addendum.
- Confidentiality: We treat all aspects of our client relationships as confidential and will gladly provide or sign appropriate non-disclosure agreements if desired. Our offices are both HIPAA and PCI compliant with documentation of such being able to be provided upon request.
- Other Matters: Unless we otherwise agree, the terms and conditions of this letter will apply to all matters for which you engage us. If you have any questions or concerns about the terms of this Standard Engagement Letter, please contact us immediately.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Terms & Conditions related to our services offered, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number, or mailing address.
Telephone Number: 541-761-9549
233 Rogue River Hwy #873
Grants Pass, Oregon 97527
Last Updated: 01/23/18
Getting Started is Easy
Have questions? Give us a call. It’s that easy.
[contact-form-7 id="452" title="Free Network Evaluation"]